Friday, May 18, 2012

Romans 8:3b-5

So, It's taken me over 10 days to get back to posting.
Also, this is my original post with ideas and my post last week. I am going to add some photos; but my phone {where the pictures are} isn't emailing them to my computer for some reason right now.

I really am enjoying reading the sermons by John Piper on this. I'm really eager to listen/watch to Shawn Wood's sermons, too. But, I reading is so much faster for me. If I have to figure out how/when to listen to something, it takes a lot longer for me. I've noticed for years, I always look for a transcript. I think that's why I like blogs so much, too. 

So, now I'm moving on to to Romans 8:3b-5. I think verses 3b-4 are pretty tricky; but verse 5 flows really easily, so it's not as difficult to tack on as you are learning. I am doing the line breaks based on how I'm thinking through the verses. The keys to me are the prepositions:: in the flesh, etc. As you'll see verse 5 is easier to take in longer parts.

By sending his own Son
in the likeness of sinful flesh
and for sin,[
 he condemned sin
in the flesh,
 
in order that 
the righteous requirement of the law 
might be fulfilled in us, 
who walk not 
according to the flesh 
but according to the Spirit.  

For those who live according to the flesh 
set their minds on the things of the flesh, 
but those who live according to the Spirit 
set their minds on the things of the Spirit.

I'll try to add some links or photos as I go. Feel free to let me know how you are doing. I like getting the FB messages and emails and texts! It helps keep me going, too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment