Monday, May 7, 2012

{Memorize}::Romans 8:1-3{a}


There is
therefore
 now
no condemnation
for those who are 
in Christ Jesus.

For the law
of the Spirit of life
has set you free
in Christ Jesus
from the law 
of sin and death.

For God has done
what the law, 
weakened 
by the flesh, 
could not do.  

Romans 8:1-3a {ESV}



Today, I'm starting to my official journey to memorize Romans 8. 

I decided that there is no way that I can figure out how it would be best for everyone else to memorize. But, I thought I'd try to share what I'm working on. Please, if this is not at all how your mind works, and you may have a C or S personality in the DISC profile, please do not get discouraged. I am not going to follow a solid system. But, please share what system is working for you.

And post what I'm reading and doing. I hope if you are doing the same thing that you'll either leave a comment on the blog {don't be afraid of comments, please!} or my FB page, etc. I also am not going to get hung up on verse 1, verse 2. Try to memorize more in complete thoughts, etc. I also am not interested in just spitting out words, so I think I'm going to be studying this chapter daily. I'm going to be reading John Piper's sermons on this. I read better than I listen. I posted the links to what I read in the last few days below. I'll be updating this post w/ extra notes throughout the week instead of more random posts.

If you missed my post last week, you can check it out here and review some of the ideas on memorizing.



Romans 8:1-2:: No Condemnation, Part 2 

_______________________________________________________________

Monday: May 7th Focus:

Here is how I'm thinking through it:

There is THEREFORE now no CONDEMNATION for those who are IN Christ Jesus.

*Focusing on the THEREFORE, leading to what Paul said previously in Romans.
*Focusing then on the power of NOW being present as Piper points out.
*Crossing out the Condemnation to remember it's been destroyed forever. 
*But remembering that this is only truth to those who are IN Christ Jesus. 










1 comment:

  1. I'm following along with you! Thank you for posting the sermon links and the Scripture memory ideas. So helpful!

    ReplyDelete